Ep8: Resolutions are for suckers – 2019 Goals
This week, we review the goals that I set with Tanja in Episode 3 - Setting Goals. We discuss how and why people fail to achieve New Year's resolutions and how we can avoid becoming part of that statistic while moving toward our results.
This week, we review the goals that I set with Tanja in Episode 3 – Setting Goals. We discuss how and why people fail to achieve New Year’s resolutions and how we can avoid becoming part of that statistic while moving toward our results.
- Goal 1: Create a $1,000 emergency fund
Goal 2: Establish a plan with the IRSDone!
- Goal 3: Choose a plan of attack for credit card payoff
Goal 4: Inventory my expensesDone – check out Episode 4!
- Goal 5: Smooth out my freelance income or get a job
Revised goals going ahead:
- Goal 1: Continue toward $1,000 emergency fund, move some additional money at the start of the year to speed up the process in larger chunks.
- Goal 2: This is less of a goal and more of a new habit. I’m going to start using Catch.co to track and pay my withholding and save for “buffer” that is for vacation, getting sick or having gaps in work.
- Goal 3: Continue to focus on my freelance income. This is not really a good goal at the moment, needs to be more defined to be measurable.
- Goal/Habit 4: Continue to bullet journal to add a sense of structure to my days, morning and night. I don’t tend to hit my reflection but I usually double it up in the morning with reflecting on yesterday and charting out the new day.
Thanks for listening.